2021-2022 Registration will open July 6 at 10:30 a.m.
To Register, please follow the guidelines below.
Complete the online registration form for the 2021-2022 School year. Please be sure to read over our Health and Safety Guidelines before registering your student.
1st payment and registration fee are due at registration for new students.
For the Children’s Division, the class level is typically determined by age and grade:
Dance with Me: Ages 2-3
Creative Movement: Ages 3-5 (Pre-school)
Fundamentals of Dance: Ages 5-6 (Kindergarten)
Pre Ballet: Ages 6-7 (1st grade)
New students from 2nd grade and up will need to take a placement class.
There are two placement classes scheduled in August.
|Bolender Center Campus||Wednesday, August 11 5:00-7:00 p.m.|
|Johnson County Campus||Thursday, August 12 5:00-7:00 p.m.|
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816.931.2299 *2 to sign up for a placement class.
Tuition & Financial Policies
A registration fee and the first payment are due at time of enrollment.
Tuition may be paid in 1, 2, or 8 installment plans. KCBS highly encourages enrolling in our automatic payment plan. The multiple installment payment plans are offered with autopay for no additional fee; non-auto pay accounts will incur an additional fee of $30 per student.
REGISTRATION FEE $50
REGISTRATION FEE $100* Level 4 and up
*Includes a KCBS uniform (One Elevé leotard or Men’s Shirt)
Tuition may be paid in 1, 2 or 8 installments.
|8 Installments||2 Installments||1 Installment|
|Dance with Me – Pre-Ballet*||$85||$340||$680|
All Students must pay a registration fee upon enrolling.
Enrollment spaces are filled on a first come, first serve basis. Tuition may be paid in 1, 2, or 8 installment plans. Breaks and holidays are accounted for in our tuition therefore, installment plans will reman the same throughout the academic year.
- Registration fee is non-refundable
- KCBS highly encourages enrolling in our automatic payment plan. The installment option is offered with autopay for no additional fee; non-auto pay accounts will incur an additional fee of $30 per student.
- Tuition is withdrawn from the credit card on the 5th of September – April for the 8 installment payment plan.
- Unsuccessful autopay will attempt to run the card on file once a day for five days. If still unsuccessful, a $15 decline fee will be charged.
- For non-auto pay accounts, payments must be made in person, by mail, or over the phone at the location where the student takes the class. Acceptable forms of payment are check, credit card, or money order. Due to the nature of COVID-19 we strongly encourage families to pay by Credit Card only.
- Personal checks or Direct Paychecks sent from the bank should include the student’s full name and class level. Checks may be mailed to the location where the student takes the class.
- A $20 late fee may be assessed to each individual student’s account if payments are not received within five days of the scheduled due date.
- A $25 charge may be assessed for each returned check.
- Students whose accounts are deficient by two months will not be admitted to class until their account balance is paid in full.
- Tuition must be paid in order for students to participate in any performances.
- There are no refunds after the student’s first day of class.
- Transactions are non-refundable.
- KCBS does not send invoices.
- A 10% sibling discount may be applied to siblings.
We ask that parents who wish to withdraw their children from our Children’s Program first consult with the Teacher. Parents who wish to withdraw their students from the Pre-professional Division should consult with the School Director prior to submitting a formal withdrawal.
Please contact the school by email at email@example.com or phone at 816-931-2299 for instructions on how to withdraw. Withdrawal from a class must be completed by the 1st of the month. If this criteria is not met, the account holder will be held financially liable for the entire month’s payment as well as succeeding months until the withdrawal is completed.
Class Make-Up Policy
- Students are permitted to five make-up classes for unexcused absences before February 12, 2022 for the Academic year. Two unexcused absences may be made up at no charge. Students may make-up the remaining three absences at a charge of $8 per class.
- Classes missed for excused absences may be made up before February 12, 2022. Excused absences include any change or cancellation made by KCBS that would cause a student to miss class (snow days, rehearsals, etc)
- Make-up classes are not permitted in Studio classes or during Family Watch. The last date of make-up classes can be taken is February 12, 2022.
- All make-up classes must be arranged by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for permission. Due to class availability, a make-up class may not be available. On the day of your student’s make-up, please stop by the front desk to sign-in for the class.
- It is important for students to maintain good attendance in their own classes as too many absences may affect a student’s progress and future class placement.
- During inclement weather, an official decision on the status of classes will be made by 2:00 PM. For Saturdays, decisions will be made either Friday night if possible or early Saturday morning. In the event that we do cancel classes, we will update our website, Facebook page, and phone message accordingly. Otherwise, please plan to attend classes as normal.
- KCBS uses the Kansas City, Missouri and Shawnee Mission, Kansas school districts as a guideline for weather cancellations. Please note that though districts may be closed during the day, circumstances may change that allow us to have regularly scheduled classes in the evening.
- In the event of inclement weather that results in closure of Kansas City Missouri Public Schools, classes for the Daytime Program will also be canceled. Updates regarding the Daytime schedule will be posted on our website, Facebook page and via the phone messages. Please note that there are circumstances that may result in Daytime Program classes being canceled but evening classes being held as scheduled and vice versa.
- The exception to this policy is when schools close due to cold weather not snow or ice. If schools are closed due to temperature but road conditions are not hazardous, classes will be held as scheduled.
- Please use caution, care, and judgment for travel from your particular area.
Scholarships and Aid
- Academy students in Level 2 or above may be considered for a Merit Scholarship. Merit Scholarships are awarded at the sole discretion of the Kansas City Ballet School and require no application.
- Scholarships are awarded for the school year (September – May). Students must accept their scholarship award at the time of registration..
- Scholarship funds are modest and are highly competitive. Upon acceptance of a KCBS scholarship, KCBS students are required to be enrolled in their assigned class level for the fall semester, and may be asked to assist with various KCBS projects. All recipients must maintain a 95% or higher class attendance rate.
- Scholarships are not automatically renewed each school year and the awarded amount may vary from year to year. Students will be reevaluated by Kansas City Ballet School for consideration of continued or additional scholarships.
- Academy students in Level 2 or above are eligible to apply for Financial Aid. Financial Aid is awarded for the school year (September – May).
- Applications for Financial Aid must be submitted prior to the start of the school year. Applications are reviewed by the Financial Aid Committee and aid is based on varied criteria.
- Students must pay the registration fee and first month’s tuition in full upon enrollment. Financial Aid will be applied to the remaining months.
- Financial Aid recipients must be enrolled in their assigned class level for the fall semester. All recipients must maintain a 95% or higher class attendance rate.
- Financial Aid is not automatically renewed each school year and the awarded amount may vary from year to year. Students must reapply in order to be considered for continued or additional assistance.
- Financial Aid recipients should not exceed their monthly payments on other KCBS services such as private lessons or reformer classes.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.