Life @ KCB Faculty and Staff
KC Ballet Summer Intensive Cost
|Housing Package (Includes dorms and cafeteria costs)||$3,200|
A non-refundable $500 deposit is required to reserve a place in the program.
A non-refundable $500 deposit is required to hold a place in the dormitory.
These deposits are applied toward the total tuition/housing costs.
The balance of fees is due by May 19, 2023. Any accounts with a balance remaining on May 22, 2023 may be subject to a $150 late fee.
Merit scholarships are awarded based on the audition and students receiving them will be notified in their acceptance letter. There is no application process. Merit scholarships must be accepted by the date listed in their acceptance letter.
KCBS offers a limited amount of need-based financial aid for the Summer Intensive. Students may apply for financial aid after receiving acceptance into the Summer Intensive Program.
Admitted students who auditioned by video will be notified in the acceptance email of their deadlines for submitting registration and deposits. Please do not submit an application until you have received acceptance to the Kansas City Ballet Summer Intensive. The deadline to submit a Financial Aid application is one week prior to the registration deadline.
- Financial aid is usually a partial award.
- Aid is only applicable for the full 5-weeks of the Summer Intensive and may not be applied to partial attendance.
- Aid is only applicable to tuition, not housing or activity fees for the Summer Intensive Program.
- The deadline to submit a Financial Aid Application is April 1, 2023 at 5:00 pm CST.
|If you auditioned on this date:||Financial Aid application must be submitted by this date:||Registration and deposits must be received by this date:|
|January 7, 8||January 27||February 10|
|January 14, 15||February 3||February 17|
|January 21, 22||February 10||February 24|
|January 28, 29||February 17||March 3|
|February 4, 5||February 24||March 10|
|February 11, 12||March 3||March 17|
|February 18, 19||March 10||March 24|
Non Refundable Deposits-No exceptions
– $500 housing deposit for dorm students
– $500 tuition deposit for all students registered for the SI
– Final payments are due by May 19, 2023
– Any accounts with a balance remaining on May 22, 2023 may be subject to a $150 late fee
– Any accounts with a balance remaining on May 29, 2023 with no communication from the family or payment plan in place will forfeit their spot in the program.
In the event a student is injured to the point where they are unable to participate PRIOR to the beginning of the program:
– A doctor’s note explaining the injury must be received by KCBS
– Deposits are still nonrefundable
– Payments made beyond deposits will be refunded via check.
In the event we are forced to shift to a virtual program due to the pandemic:
– Students will be given the option of a virtual program. Deposits can be shifted to the cost of the virtual program ($1,000).
– Any payments made beyond the cost of the virtual program will be refunded.
– Deposits will still be nonrefundable