KC Ballet Summer Intensive Cost
|Housing (includes dorm and cafeteria costs)
A non-refundable $500 deposit is required to reserve a place in the program.
A non-refundable $500 deposit is required to hold a place in the dormitory.
These deposits are applied toward the total tuition/housing costs.
The balance of fees is due by May 13, 2024. Any accounts with a balance remaining on May 20, 2024 may be subject to a $150 late fee.
Merit scholarships are awarded based on the audition and students receiving them will be notified in their acceptance letter. There is no application process. Merit scholarships must be accepted by the date listed in their acceptance letter.
KCBS offers a limited amount of need-based financial aid for the Summer Intensive. Students may apply for financial aid after receiving acceptance into the Summer Intensive Program.
Admitted students who auditioned by video will be notified in the acceptance email of their deadlines for submitting registration and deposits. Please do not submit an application until you have received acceptance to the Kansas City Ballet Summer Intensive.
- Financial aid is usually a partial award.
- Aid is only applicable for the full 5-weeks of the Summer Intensive and may not be applied to partial attendance.
- Aid is only applicable to tuition, not housing or activity fees for the Summer Intensive Program.
- The deadline to submit a Financial Aid Application is March 1, 2024 at 5:00 pm CST.
If your student has to withdraw from the program for any reason, a portion of tuition and housing costs may be refunded at the discretion of the School Director. Based on the date of withdrawal notice, certain payments are non-refundable.
In the event a student is injured to the point where they are unable to participate PRIOR to the beginning of the program:
- A doctor’s note explaining the injury must be received by KCBS.
- Tuition/housing deposits are nonrefundable.
- Any payments made beyond deposits will be refunded via check.
Final payments are due by May 13, 2024.
- Any accounts with a balance remaining on May 20, 2024 may be subject to a $150 late fee.
- Any accounts with a balance remaining on May 27, 2024, with no communication from the family or payment plan in place, will forfeit their spot in the program.