Top Posts During KC Ballet’s “The Nutcracker” 2021
Taking over social media
Kansas City Ballet dancers shared their holiday joy with audiences both in person and virtually this year. In KC Ballet’s popular Instagram Takeovers, dancers showcase behind-the-scenes perspectives through social media. Since “The Nutcracker” was cancelled last year due to COVID-19, artists and staff were very grateful to be back onstage for this annual tradition. Witness the excitement in the highlights below.
What is an “Instagram Takeover?” Dancers log in and “take over” the KC Ballet Instagram account. During a Takeover, dancers share personal stories, answer questions, and take photos and videos to share with audiences. It provides a window into the world of a professional ballet dancer. Viewers also see perspectives of the many artists and designers involved in the productions.
If you missed the social media posts, you’re in luck! Here’s a collection of top posts created by our company dancers:
Best of The Nutcracker | KC Ballet 2021
Watch Playlist – 8 Short clips
Follow Kansas City Ballet at kc.ballet on Instagram. You can also view our photos and stories online without an account at https://www.instagram.com/kc.ballet/.
Tune in! Watch more videos on our YouTube channel.
1. Jumping for Joy – Created by Marisa DeEtte Whiteman
2. Lamin Pereira as Dr. Drosselmeier – Created by Lamin Pereira
3. Snowflakes and Shepherds – Created by Sidney Haefs
4. Company Class Onstage – Created by Mia Steedle
5. Doll to Tea – Created by Mia Steedle
6. Who’s There – Created by Courtney Nitting
7. Harlequinade Makeup – Created by Mia Steedle
8. Goodbye 2021 – Created by Amanda DeVenuta
Learn more about our company artists.