This policy explains how we gather, use, and protect personal information submitted to us.
privacy and security
We rely on high-grade encryption and https security protocols for collecting personal information, and limit the use of the information to that which is necessary to administer our operations. We keep this confidential information on file for IRS purposes.
A donor may choose to remain anonymous at any time. A donor also may define the level of contact they wish to have from Kansas City Ballet.
Types of Information
Kansas City Ballet collects and confidentially maintains the following when a donor voluntarily provides it:
- Personal information such as name, address, telephone number and e-mail address
- Credit card type, name, number, expiration date
- Gift amount, purpose and terms
- Planned-giving intent as documented
- Information provided by the donor in the form of comments and suggestions
How we use donor Information
- To acknowledge and provide a tax receipt for donations
- To respond to donor inquiries or questions about our services
- For donor relations purposes, including newsletters, invitations to events, fundraising-campaign outreach and other updates
- To populate our published donor roster
- To record gifts or memberships to or through the Kansas City Ballet Guild or KC Barre
- As part of our donor database to help us analyze overall giving patterns and interests
- To consolidate donor records with transaction record related to ticketing or Kansas City Ballet School
- For IRS purposes
Kansas City Ballet will not lend, sell or rent mailing lists of our donors or participants’ personal information to any third party. We will not use your name, address, phone number or credit card information outside of our organization. In addition, we will never send mailings to our donors on behalf of any other organizations.